Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Who needs to read this notice:
Principals and proprietors of non-government schools
Representatives of systems of non-government schools
Applications from individual non-government schools and registration systems on behalf of member schools must be submitted by 31 March 2013 for schools seeking to:
- renew registration and/or accreditation which expires at the end of 2013
- renew exemption from registration where exemption expires at the end of 2013
- register new Years of schooling to commence in 2014
- register new schools to commence in 2014.
The requirements for registration and accreditation are detailed in the Registered and Accredited Individual Non-government Schools (NSW) Manual and the Registration Systems and Member Non-government Schools (NSW) Manual.
Having regard to Official Notice 24/12 in relation to the implementation of the Australian Curriculum in NSW from 2014:
- Non-government schools seeking renewal of registration:
- applications made in 2013 must be based on existing Board of Studies syllabuses
- educational programs delivered in 2013 must be based on existing Board of Studies syllabuses.
- Non-government schools seeking initial registration of new Years of schooling to operate in 2014: applications must be based on the implementation timeline for the new K-10 syllabuses in English, Mathematics, Science (incorporating K-6 Science and Technology) and History.
- Proposed new non-government schools seeking to operate in 2014: applications must be based on the new NSW K-10 syllabuses in English, Mathematics, Science (incorporating K-6 Science and Technology) and History and the existing Board of Studies syllabuses for other key learning areas.
As for any period of transition to new syllabuses, in the year preceding adoption of the Board’s new syllabuses, schools will need to have prepared a plan for implementation.
The online application forms are available on RANGS Online. If you need help to access RANGS Online please contact the Registration and Accreditation Branch on (02) 9367 8432.
For more information, contact:
Board Inspector, Registration and Accreditation
(02) 9367 8214