Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Applications are invited for Supervisors of Marking (SOM) from 2017 in a number of courses. Coordinating Senior Markers and Senior Markers with appropriate experience in HSC marking are encouraged to apply.
- Agriculture (Sydney)
- Ancient History (Options)
- Biology (Newcastle)
- Biology (Sydney)
- Business Studies (Sydney)
- Business Services (VET)
- Construction (VET) and Metal and Engineering (VET) (note: one SOM to oversee both operations)
- Dance (Practical)
- Earth and Environmental Science
- English (Standard) and English (Advanced) - Paper 2* in the following regional areas:
- Coffs Harbour
- Goulburn area (new venue for 2017)
- Hospitality (VET)
- Industrial Technology (Written)
- Information and Digital Technology (VET)
- Information Processes and Technology
- Modern Greek
- PDHPE (Coffs Harbour)
- Primary Industries (VET)
- Retail Services (VET)
- Software Design and Development
- Tourism, Travel and Events (VET)
- Visual Arts (Practical)
* note: BOSTES regularly rotates the courses (Standard and Advanced) and modules between marking venues. English Paper 2 SOM applicants must be prepared to manage any English Paper 2 marking operation.
Further information including an application package and role statement can be found on Markers Online > Memos and Documents > SOM Recruitment.
Applicants should provide a statement addressing the selection criteria included in the application package.
The closing date for applications is Monday 7 March.
For more information, contact:
Acting Leader, Examination and Marker Support
(02) 9367 8183