Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
The 2016 Handbook for Principals, which will be distributed to all schools by the end of February, contains two parts:
- Part A - National Protocols for Test Administration
- Part B - Jurisdictional information detailing the administration, processing and reporting of NAPLAN in NSW schools
All NAPLAN coordinators will require access to the Handbook for Principals. The Handbook and other NAPLAN documents can be downloaded from the Participation and Registration (PAR) website.
Principals must complete the Statement of Compliance, acknowledging that they have read the Handbook for Principals, and accept the terms of the NAPLAN Code of Conduct, before the PAR website can be accessed.
PAR will be live for all NSW DoE schools and NSW CEC schools from 25 February to 4 March. During this period the principal, or their delegate, need to:
- check the details for the students listed in each cohort
- check the roll class groupings and amend or delete, as required
- provide the details for the NAPLAN school contacts
- check the school address and advise the NAPLAN team at BOSTES if it is incorrect
- apply for disability adjustments that require pre-approval from BOSTES (special print material, scribe use, computer use) through the PAR website.
Schools need to confirm that the student details in PAR are correct. This is to ensure that test books and student reports are printed with the correct student details.
The login details for the PAR website are provided in the letter which will accompany the Handbook for Principals. Each principal has been issued with a new PAR password. The PAR user name will not change.
For more information, contact:
(02) 9367 8382