Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Who needs to read this notice:
Principals of non-government schools with overseas students on 570 or 571 student visas
Representatives of school systems with overseas students on 570 or 571 student visas
Principal Executive Officers (PEOs) of school providers (CRICOS)
On Friday 1 July, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) will make a number of changes to its student visa processes. These changes include the introduction of a simplified student visa framework (SSVF).
Under the SSVF:
- all international students will now apply for a single student visa (subclass 500), regardless of their chosen course of study
- all international students will generally be required to apply for their student visa online
- a new DIBP risk framework will be used to guide the evidence of English language and financial capacity that a student needs to provide with a visa application.
Details of the changes, including a number of factsheets, are available on the DIBP website.
Please note that:
- no additional requirements for School Provider approval have been introduced
- the role of the BOSTES in approving School Providers to deliver courses to overseas students in NSW has not changed.
For more information, contact:
Inspector, School Registration and Accreditation Standards
(02) 9367 8497