Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
BOSTES has a new team of Liaison Officers in 2015, with the exception of the North West region.
The current Liaison Officers per region are:
- Hunter – Susan Barrie
- Metropolitan – Paul Jansons
- Metropolitan – Mark McCrossin
- North Coast – Heidi O’Brien
- North West – Denise McHugh
- Riverina – Christine Keys
- South Coast – Catherine Munro
- Western – Sandra Logan
Liaison Officers are responsible for a strategic mix of agency-wide and focussed registration and accreditation functions. These functions include:
- serving as a key contact and referral point for schools and teachers in relation to BOSTES policies and processes
- delivering a range of professional development courses approved under the Teacher Accreditation Act 2004 or other courses required to support the implementation of BOSTES priorities
- managing the home schooling program
- assisting with the registration, accreditation and approval program for non-government schools and providers of courses for overseas students
- presenting at conferences and meetings to assist schools and teachers in implementing key BOSTES policies and requirements
- assisting with the HSC student support services program in relation to appeals and the Inquiry Centre.
The initial focus of the new team of Liaison Officers has been an extensive induction program with regard to the range of their responsibilities. As the year progresses, the Liaison Unit will implement coordinated and systematic processes to ensure that:
- enquiries are referred to the relevant BOSTES business unit so that information may be provided directly from the responsible area
- all work activities, including any presentations or school visits, have a clear purpose that aligns with current BOSTES priorities
- high quality and timely assistance with BOSTES regulatory programs is provided
- ‘commonly requested’ information is readily available to all schools, for example, by publication on the BOSTES website.
Schools can expect that Liaison Officers will continue to provide presentations, meetings and workshops associated with the functions of the liaison role. Further information about workshops will be published in a future edition of the BOSTES Bulletin.
For more information, contact
Head, Liaison Unit
(02) 9367 8387