Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Who needs to read this notice:
Head Teachers HSIE
Society and Culture Teachers
Specimen examination materials have been produced that reflect the revised Stage 6 Society and Culture syllabus first implemented with Year 11 in 2014 and Year 12 in 2015.
The examination specifications of the new syllabus will be implemented for the 2015 Higher School Certificate.
Key amendments to the examination include:
- There are now only two sections in the examination – Section I which assesses the core and Section II which assesses the Depth Studies
- In Section II, questions consist of two parts
1. Part (a) short response questions worth 5 marks
2. Part (b) an extended response question worth 15 mark
- In Section II, students are required to answer questions from TWO Depth Studies
The specimen examination materials are available to download from the syllabus section of the BOSTES website.
The following are also available:
- Society and Culture Stage 6 syllabus
- Assessment and Reporting in Society and Culture
A revised support document is under development for release in May 2015.
For more information, contact:
(02) 9367 8151