Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Who needs to read this notice:
Head Teachers Languages
The amendments are:
- dictionary use is permitted in the examination
- the examination now includes only short answer and extended-response type questions
- translation of the prescribed texts will be worth fewer marks (5 instead of 8)
- extended response questions will be worth more marks (15 instead of 10)
- the proportion of the examination that relates to unseen texts has been increased (from 30 to 34 marks).
The amended specifications are available to download from the HSC syllabus page of the BOSTES website.