Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Principals and NAPLAN coordinators should ensure final preparations are underway for the administration of the 2016 tests.
The responsibilities of the principal in overseeing the 2016 NAPLAN tests are documented in the Handbook for Principals (pp 18-24).
- The principal will determine and appoint relevant persons to act as test administrators.
- The principal will ensure test administrators are provided with the relevant Test Administration Handbook for Teachers and all assessment materials and are familiar with the requirements of the role, including implementation of disability adjustments for relevant students.
- The principal will ensure test administrators are provided with a copy of the code of conduct.
The Test Administration Handbooks for Teachers should be distributed to test administrators as soon as convenient after delivery. All other test materials must be securely stored until test week.
The NAPLAN Code of Conduct can be downloaded from the PAR website.
It is strongly recommended that schools hold a meeting this week with test administrators, including itinerant teachers who will be administering the tests, and support staff, to fully brief them on NAPLAN test administration protocols and procedures. Refer to suggested topics for discussion to prepare the agenda.
Two interactive PDFs can be downloaded from PAR > Documents and Forms to assist in preparing test administrators.
- NAPLAN 2016 Guidelines for NAPLAN coordinators
- NAPLAN 2016 Guidelines for test administrators
For more information, contact:
(02) 9367 8382