Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Who needs to read this notice:
Head Teachers, Languages
The new stage 6 Persian Continuers syllabus is now available to allow time for familiarisation and planning. Implementation will commence for the 2019 HSC.
It replaces the existing Persian Background Speakers syllabus. Both are based on the Collaborative Curriculum and Assessment Framework for Languages (CCAFL) model.
The development of a continuers syllabus recognises the changing demographics of the NSW Persian-speaking population.
Key features of the new syllabus include:
- greater emphasis on oral communication
- inclusion of an in-depth study.
It is available to download from the BOSTES website.
The following syllabus support materials are also available:
- HSC Languages Continuers Marking Guidelines – Oral examination
- HSC Languages courses – Oral examination – advice to teachers
- HSC Languages courses – Oral examination – advice to students
- Persian Continuers performance band descriptions.
For more information, contact:
(02) 9367 8152