Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
Official Notice BOS 15/12 provided notice of amendments to the Registered and Accredited Individual Non-government Schools (NSW) Manual and the Registration Systems and Member Non-government Schools (NSW) Manual.
The main amendments relate to new work health and safety (WHS) laws, which replaced occupational health and safety (OHS) laws in NSW on 1 January 2012.
As a result of this new legislation, any reference in the Manuals to:
- ‘occupational health and safety’ is replaced by ‘work health and safety’
- ‘OHS’ is replaced by ‘WHS’
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 is replaced by Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (as amended)
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001 is replaced by Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 (as amended)
- OHS Regulation 2001 is replaced by WHS Regulation 2011 (as amended)
These amendments refer to sections 3.4, 3.5, 3.8, 3.9.3, 3.11.2, 4.1.5, 4.1.8 and 220.127.116.11 of the Individual Manual and sections 4.6, 5.4, 5.5, 5.8, 5.11.2, 6.1.5, 6.1.8 and 18.104.22.168 of the Systems Manual.
Tracked changes of the amended sections of the manuals are available in the ‘Reference Section’ of the Registration and Accreditation of Non-government Schools (RANGS) website.
The amendments took effect with the publication of Official Notice BOS 15/12 on Monday, 14 May 2012.
Please note that the web versions of the manuals are the most up-to-date manuals at any time.
The manuals are available on the Board’s website (see Official Notice).
For more information:
Senior Registration Officer
(02) 9367 8134