Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
The Hour of Code is a learning activity that supports many syllabuses in NSW curriculum, including:
- Science and Technology K – 6
- Technology (mandatory)
- Information and Software Technology
- Information Processes and Technology
- Software Design and Development
- Mathematics from K – 10.
The Hour of Code provides an enjoyable and engaging introduction to computer science designed to show that anyone can learn the basics. Code.org provides hour-long tutorials featuring Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Angry Birds, and Plants vs. Zombies, for computer, tablet, smartphone, or with no computer at all. Tutorials are available in over 30 languages.
Logical thinking and creative problem solving are embedded within the activities.
- From Monday 7 to Sunday 13 December students can participate on line at https://hourofcode.com/au
- In 2014 over 15 million students around the world participated.
- Tutorials and support are available on line.
- Teachers can host an event at their school.
- It is possible to be involved without access to computers.
For more information, contact:
Inspector, Technology Education
(02) 9367 8454