Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
BOS 15/13Who needs to read this notice:
Principals of non-government schools with overseas students
Representatives of school systems with overseas students
Representatives of school providers
The Guidelines for Approved NSW School Providers Delivering Courses to Overseas Students (‘the Guidelines’) have been amended to provide for the Board of Studies’ approval of school providers to provide English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
The changes to the Guidelines include the addition of requirements for:
- approved school providers delivering ELICOS (section 4 of the Guidelines)
- initial approval of a school provider to provide ELICOS (section 6 of the Guidelines).
The changes to the Guidelines also incorporate:
- information about the ELICOS Standards (section 126.96.36.199 of the Guidelines)
- legislative requirements of the Tuition Protection Service framework including provider obligations when a student or provider defaults (section 3.3.2 of the Guidelines)
- re-positioning and re-numbering from section 3.22 onwards
- minor edits and clarifications.
These changes take effect from the publication of this Official Notice.
The amended Guidelines are available to download from the Schools with Overseas Students (CRICOS) section of the Board’s website.
The following support materials are also available:
- Amended Proforma checklists for approval including additional checklists for a school provider to provide ELICOS
- Tracked changes to the amendments to the Guidelines
The fee schedule for school providers has also been amended to include fees for school providers delivering ELICOS.
For further information:
Inspector, Registration and Accreditation
(02) 9367 8170