Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards news
NSW principals are now able to view the 2016 NAPLAN Writing tests for their students via the BOSTES Schools Online website.
To log into Schools Online:
- secondary and central schools should use their current Schools Online username and password
- primary schools and schools that have not previously accessed Schools Online should use their Participation and Registration (PAR) website username and password.
The writing tests can be downloaded to your school network. Permitted use of the 2016 NAPLAN Writing tests includes:
- printing and/or saving the images for assessment and reporting purposes
- using the images for professional development activities
- providing copies to staff as appropriate.
It is at the principal’s discretion whether a copy of a student’s test is provided to parents/carers. Consideration should be given to whether a test contains sensitive or confidential information, before making it available.
Professional development of teachers
Access to the tests may assist teacher professional development by providing greater understanding of the NAPLAN writing marking rubric, especially when the tests are viewed in conjunction with the marking guide and the individual student results. The marking guide contains the 10 common criteria, which each test has been marked against.
Reminder: Notification of 2016 NAPLAN student report issues
PAR - Phase 3 can be accessed by schools from Monday 15 August until Friday 16 September to review student test participation information and disability adjustments. Access is read only and no changes can be made. To meet ACARA timelines for the provision of data, principals or their delegate should notify BOSTES of any issues relating to the 2016 NAPLAN student reports by Friday 16 September by email to email@example.com.
Read NAPLAN 2016 student reports for more details.
For more information, contact:
(02) 9367 8382